Marine Art and Maritime Modelmaking

Welcome to my blog, it's primary intention is to keep my existing clients up to date with the progress of their commissions, but hopefully it will prove of interest to anyone with an interest in Marine art and modelmaking

Thursday 6 November 2014

Hms Victory purchase made to improve the kit

Update on a few Purchase made and a few I plan to make shortly. 
A while back I bought these rolls of copper to place over the keel.

They are self adhesive and very very thin, they came in at about £9.00 a roll. I will detail how their application went in future posts.

I also got 100 tiny yellow LED lights to light up the inside of the ship (cost about £7.00 from ebay) I will experiment with painting them to appear like  the lamps used.

Here a close up to show just how small they are
Here a photo of the lamps  to copy
I haveI also come across some wonderful   paper thin wooden decks costing about £70.00 from 
scale decks.com

 Other extras for super detailing the cannons on the upper decks have been sourced, and will be ordered when required.

No comments:

Post a Comment